FanPost

I Watched West Point Lose To Nebraska Tonight

Got to see Pierre Maguire interview the West Point coach. I know that definitely has nothing to do with the Rangers, but it led to a story on the web where I learned that Ryan Hollweg's brother went to West Point and played hockey there. The hated Gary Howett of the Islanders had a son who went to West Point and played hockey there. There was also a little guy named Derek Hines who went to West Point and played hockey there. He's the kind of player who would never get a real chance play on a Tortorella team. Too small. It's a good and a sad story that if I still lived up North would make me take a trip to the USMA just to watch the sport of hockey being played for the sheer joy and spirit of the competition.

Since there isn't much going on in Ranger land here is a link to the story. You'll have to cut and paste it because I haven't yet figured out how to do a live link.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=2421164