Connecticut Whale News: Chris Kreider Suspended One Game For Boarding Major

Marc DesRosiers-US PRESSWIRE

Chris Kreider has been suspended one game by the American Hockey League, for his boarding major against the Norfolk Admirals on Friday evening.

According to the American Hockey League's website, Chris Kreider has been suspended one game for boarding, against the Norfolk Admirals on Friday night. During the second period of play, Kreider was coming in hard on the forecheck, and laid his shoulder into the back of Admirals' forward, Brandon McMillan. McMillan fell awkwardly into the boards, and was cut on the play. As a result, Kreider was assessed a five minute major for boarding, accompanied by a game misconduct.

While the hit didn't appear to be vicious or intended, it's that exact type of hit the game is trying to eliminate. The AHL definitely made the right call though, as it definitely was worthy of at least a one game suspension. Kreider will miss the Whale's next game against the Albany Devils on Wednesday night, but will be back in the lineup when they head home to the XL Center on Friday night.

You can see video of the hit here, which takes place at the 1:45 mark.