Whale vs. Bruins: Connecticut looking for its third consecutive win

Chris Rutsch / CT Whale

The Connecticut Whale have won two-straight games. Will they make tonight the third?

After a slow start to the season the Connecticut Whale they have won two games in a row. Tonight they will try to make that three games in a row when they host the Providence Bruins.

Here's a few players to keep an eye on:

Kyle Jean: He's been really impressive for the Whale so far this year. He's been a fantastic playmaker (four goals and four assists in eight games), and one of the most dangerous players Connecticut has to offer. Obviously the big thing now is for Jean to stay consistent.

Chris Kreider: Kreider has gotten off to a very slow start this year, which has stirred up some mild panic amongst New York Rangers fans. I'm not going to get into any details about his slow start (they happen, it's not a big deal at all), but he's probably looking for his first AHL goal. Remember, he dominated the preseason games this year, but he hasn't gotten going yet in the regular season. We'll see if that changes tonight.

J.T. Miller: He's been fantastic as well. Miller is the Rangers most well-rounded prospect not named Kreider (who really isn't a prospect, but whatever). He scored a highlight-reel goal against the Albany Devils, and has four points in six games. Miller is showcasing himself for a chance to make a splash next year. So far he's been great.

Use this as your open thread for the game guys. Especially since this is probably the only hockey we're going to have for awhile.