FanPost

ESPN to broadcast KHL games

Yupp, you read that right...the biggest (not necessarily the best) sports network in the country/world will start airing live KHL games starting next week.

http://m.si.com/141705/espn-finalizes-deal-to-broadcast-khl-games/75677abc/

This is huge for several reasons. First of all, it gives us the fans a chance to be able to watch some of he best players in the world play in the second best league in the world. Second of all, it puts more pressure on the NHL to get a deal done before the KHL gains momentum and gives the NHL an even stiffer competition in he future. And third of all, it's almost like ESPN is getting back at the NHL for not winning the rights to broadcast their games the last few seasons...proving that their is an on gong battle between the league and network.

Well, since it looks like there's no lockout in sight, maybe we should start learning more about those KHL teams and choosing new favorites. Lets go "all the teams who have a rangers player on them"