Connecticut Whale vs Worcester Sharks: Whale Close Out Preseason With 4-3 Win Over Sharks; Chris Kreider Scores Hat Trick

Bruce Bennett - Getty Images

The Connecticut Whale closed on their preseason this afternoon against the Worcester Sharks at Trinity College. Chris Kreider came away with a hat trick during the game.

The Connecticut Whale closed out their preseason this afternoon with a commanding 4-3 victory over the Worcester Sharks. Chris Kreider was back to his normal form today as he netted a hat trick during the third period of play. Kreider struck first just eight minutes into the game with a wicked wrist shot coming down the left wing.

Shortly after the goal coming from Kreider, J.T. Miller put the Whale up 2-0 off of a snap shot on the power play. Speaking of the power play, the Whale were cooking today with the man advantage and went 3-for-4 throughout the afternoon.

About halfway through the second period, Chris Kreider came flying down the wing once again, and rifled a shot home off of a Sharks defender to put the Whale up 3-1. The Whale would cough up two late goals in the second, which cut their lead to 3-2, heading into the second intermission.

Kreider wasted no time in the third, and completed the hat trick just five minutes into the period with another lethal snap shot from the wing. That now gives Chris Kreider four goals in his last two games, one of which was an empty net goal against the Phantoms. Either way, Kreider has been hot the last two games for the Whale, and looks to carry over his success to the regular season.

The Whale struggled during the beginning of the preseason, but now that we're inching closed to the home opener, they've kicked it into another gear. It should be exciting to see how the Rangers youth performs this upcoming season.