2012 NHL Lockout: Ryan McDonagh Signs With HC Barys Of The Kontinental Hockey League

Geoff Burke-US PRESSWIRE - Presswire

According to various reports, New York Rangers defenseman Ryan McDonagh has signed with HC Barys of the KHL.

According to multiple reports, Ryan McDonagh has signed with HC Barys of the Kontinental Hockey League. McDonagh is the third New York Rangers to head overseas as he joins Rick Nash (HC Davos - Swiss National League A), and Carl Hagelin (Sodertaleje SK - Sweden's 2nd Tier League). McDonagh is expected to leave New York City tonight, and arrive in Kazahstan in time for Bary's next game on Friday. There is a slightly possibility he could be in the lineup that day as well, but that still remains to be seen.

McDonagh will join a few familiar faces in Barys, as he joins current Tampa Bay Lightning defenseman Victor Hedman, and former New York Rangers Nigell Dawes, and Nik Antropov. The NHL lockout has forced many current players overseas as it enters it's fourth week since being put into effect on September 15th.

Since then, neither the NHL or NHLPA has been able to find any common ground on the core economics. However, both sides are expected meet this Wednesday and Thursday as they continue to try and find some sort of agreement.