FanPost

Something apart from the labor battles

Brad Richards led a quiet NYR effort to help with post-hurricane cleanup in Breezy Point....Marion Gaborik, Ryan Callahan, and Dan Girardi also pitched in with time and effort. Class all the way here.

There are bigger things in life than sports....glad to see that a bunch of Rangers felt compelled to offer their labor to a community that has been hammered by disasters repeatedly in the last 11 years. At a time when the league is at a standstill due to a shitty commissioner and a couple of greedy owners, it's nice to see the unselfishness displayed by the current version of the Rangers extends to their off the ice pursuits as well. Link is below because my damn phone is a pain when it comes to interacting with this site.....

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/23/sports/hockey/brad-richards-takes-big-role-in-hurricane-relief.html?ref=sports