FanPost

I miss the good ol' days

I miss the days when we used to cry about a player that shouldn't be on the team. Wondering how Krieder would do on the team with a full year to his advantage. Seeing what this team could become with the way it played last year. Going into the draft still wondering if we'd ever get Nash or some how sign Doan. Those days were sooo much simpler.

Now we're wondering if we are going to see our beloved sport be played at all this year. Thinking "how much is this missed year going to affect the team?". I know personally i'm afraid of a new, lower cap that could seriously affect our team. I'd rather watch us lose in the Eastern Conference Finals again then have to deal with this lockout any longer. Some players, although they are from overseas, have already stated that they'd be just as happy there. This is going to send a lot of ripples throughout the hockey world.

This lockout will do more damage than any other to this date. The fans the league has earned over the past 7 years are leaving in droves. Players are coming out saying they are willing to stay overseas. The teams that were hurting for profits before the lockout will most likely be moved due to the decreased fan base in those markets. Last year was a pretty much a story book year for a few franchises. Phoenix made it to the Conference finals. St.Louis was league leader in point and made it to the second round. Finally, the Kings won the Stanley Cup against a Devils team no one thought would get there to begin with.

A lot happened last year that, if everything started on time, would have continued to grow and strengthen the league. No we have the two most stubborn people in the world fighting each other, preventing any of the above from having a chance to move forward. If this league ever recovers from this lockout I would be beyond surprised.