FanPost

McIlrath in top 10 worst draft picks???

I'm not sure if anyone else has seen or read this but it kinda got me a little upset when I read this article.

http://thehockeywriters.com/worst-nhl-first-round-draft-picks-of-the-2000s/

Not I understand its based off of not playing in the NHL as of yet, but we all knew he would be a bit of a project when he was drafted and at the time McIlrath was something this team sorely needed and to some extent still does. It is also based off the fact that he was injured during a pre-season game in which any player or prospect could have been hurt. I do realize its over the first 10 years or so but didn't Columbus's 2nd overall pick Ryan Murray just have a season ending injury? McIlrath is looking at getting back into the line-up very shortly if i remember correctly.

Okay, so this is a stretch to be writing about this. Without hockey being played I needed to focus my attention somewhere else to get my mind off the usual Bull that is going on. I will admit after i read that article i was happy to see the meetings lasted a while so i'll just say it.......I still have hope. This last part was to just get the word count.