2012 CBA Negotiations: Collective Bargaining Resumes With Marathon Meeting Between Bill Daly And Steve Fehr

Abelimages

The collective bargaining meetings resumed early yesterday afternoon between Bill Daly and Steve Fehr in an undisclosed location.

After some extended silence on the collective bargaining front, the two sides have resumed formal dialogue on Saturday afternoon. Deputy commissioner Bill Daly, and special counsel Steve Fehr held a marathon meeting in an undisclosed location in order to kick start formal negotiations once again. The meeting, which started early Saturday afternoon, stretched into the early morning hours of Sunday and concluded close to 1:00 AM EST.

While the meeting itself was no secret, the location however, left everyone wondering. This was a strategy put forth by both sides, in order to keep the bright lights of the media of out their eyes, and allowed them to focus on the negotiations at hand. And according to Bill Daly, they were able to cover a large area on topics that are still separating the two sides.

"We had a series of meetings over the course of the day and had a good, frank discussion on the most important issues separating us. We plan to meet again early in the week."

This was the first official face-to-face meeting between the two sides since talks broke off back on October 18th, following the NHLPA's trio of proposals in Toronto. With the dialogue finally flowing once again, the two sides will get back to the table early next week, in hopes to carry over the momentum that was gained on Saturday. Hopefully this is the home stretch.