FanPost

The Vent

I'm sure some of you know, 3 times a week on Yahoo's Puck Daddy, they have a post titled "The Vent." This is what I sent in and they posted it. Wanted to share it here.

I don't necessarily relate Passion to spending money. I consider myself a diehard who buys the occasional shirt, jersey, hat, and goes to a couple games a year. But I don't do these things to put money in anyone's pocket. I do them to show Passion for MY team and MY game. I basically will not miss a New York Rangers game unless there is a wedding, funeral, or birth...and even then I'm scrambling for a TV.

I am not for players/against owners anymore. I'm well passed that. I understand both sides looking for their best deal. However, smarter men than me are supposed to figure that out before we lose this much. I feel these "smart" men responsible for these crimes against hockey (and not just the lockouts but the future of the NHL) be held accountable.

So, while I type this, waiting impatiently for the World Juniors to begin at the end of the month, I realize that it's not the NHL, but it is hockey. And when I'm watching Notre Dame hockey, I realize it's not the NHL, but it is hockey. And when I coach my U12 Rec league team, I realize it's not the NHL, but it is hockey. I will ALWAYS have hockey in my life. I'm not sure if I will always have the NHL.

This will not make it to the hands and eyes that I believe it needs to. I am not writing this to end the lockout, to feel sympathy, or even vent (wink..) the frustration that has built up over the last 6 months. I am writing this because I feel I need to. I am writing this because of my Passion.

Kevin from NJ