Quick Turnaround For New York Rangers Tonight Against Buffalo

NEWARK, NJ - JANUARY 31: Derek Stepan #21 of the New York Rangers and Dainius Zubrus #8 of the New Jersey Devils battle for the puck along the boards at the Prudential Center on January 31, 2012 in Newark, New Jersey. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

A bad bounce cost the New York Rangers two points yesterday, and suddenly a game that seemed wrapped up for two points was going down in the loss column. But that's hockey. So is moving on, which is exactly what the Rangers are going to want to do when they take on the Buffalo Sabres tonight.

We've talked all season about how the Rangers have been able to move on from tough losses and not let them grow during the course of the year. Tonight will be another test, especially with the way the Rangers lost Tuesday night.

Buffalo has won two in a row, but in their last 10 games the Sabres are just 3-6-1. That doesn't mean that tonight's contest will be an easy one, but the Rangers need the two points all the same.

Join me after the jump.

Henrik Lundqvist will probably get the nod tonight, with Martin Biron starting against the Devils on Monday. Lundqvist has been been rested for a game during most of the back-to-back contests the Rangers have taken part in this season, and John Tortorella probably wanted to give him another day off after playing in the All-Star Game just a few days before.

Either way, the Rangers will have a fresh Henrik Lundqvist in net tonight, which can only be a good thing. Marian Gaborik seemed to take his game with him from the break, and ended up with two assists against the Devils.

But all that is in the rear-view mirror tonight. The Rangers just need to focus on the two points on the table and finish the back-to-back series with a big win. A loss would probably put a dent in the Rangers' budding confidence. A win will prove that yesterday's tough-luck loss isn't anything to be concerned about.

Thoughts guys?