New York Rangers Noon Number: 7

It's no secret that Brad Richards isn't having the best season of his career. He's still getting used to the system, he hasn't really had a consistent line mate (something that brought him success in Dallas) and, quite frankly, the puck hasn't really been bouncing his was so far this season.

That was evident last night when a Richard's shot just glanced over Mathieu Garon's shoulder and skimmed by the post, a goal which would have tied the game at three. But Brian Boyle did tie the game, and that opened the door for Richards to score the game-winner in overtime, a goal that might finally get the puck to start bouncing his way this season.

Either way, the goal was a big one. And, despite his numbers not being where he wants them to be, Brad Richards is no stranger to big goals this year. The goal he scored Thursday night marked his seventh game-winning goal of the season. That's good for 2nd best in the NHL, and the 14 points he's helped the Rangers earn on those game winners have helped the Rangers remain among the elite in the NHL.

Maybe this is exactly what Richards needed to get back on track. Either way, no matter how his season finishes, he's still made a positive impact for this hockey team.