FanPost

Rangers Want Nash

Take this report from ESPN Insider for what it's worth but it does bring up an interesting question. How much is too much for a 27 year old superstar in his prime?

A few days ago, the Columbus Dispatch's Shawn Mitchell left open the possibility that some Columbus Blue Jackets veterans, including Rick Nash, could still be traded at the deadline. But Nash -- who has a no-movement clause -- is apparently staying put.TrueHockey.com's Andy Strickland talked with "sources close to the player" who continue to tell him that Nash isn't leaving Columbus, which indicates that Nash isn't looking to waive his no-movement clause to start over in another city.

However, the Ottawa Sun's Bruce Garrioch is still hearing some buzz about Nash on the rumor mill. Apparently the New York Rangers are interested in Nash, and he's hearing that the Jackets would want Brandon Dubinsky, Chris Kreider and a No. 1 pick in return. It still doesn't seem like enough -- and it still sounds unlikely -- but perhaps that's why Jackets GM Scott Howson was at the Rangers game last night.

At first glance I thought this "potential" deal sounded like waaaay too much contrary to the reports take that it was the exact opposite. After thinking about it, It only costs the Rangers one player from the current roster albeit an underachieving one in Dubinsky. I love Dubinsky and think his style of play epitomizes the Rangers persona so I'd be leery of messing with that. However, they do need a secondary scorer and Nash is definitely that and could fit in real nicely with Richards. I'd hate to lose Kreider but think in the interest of winning a cup, this deal makes sense assuming Nash can play Torts' style. The fact that Nash is 27 makes it a lot easier to swallow too. Your thoughts?

SB Nation Featured Video