FanPost

Chris Drury

I know this is random, but I was just thinking about this team and how awesome everything has been for them this year. It really is brilliant, I was just thinking of the differences between this year and last year, when I realized that I had totally forgot about Drury, our former captain.

Some people probably think this is stupid or something, but the guy was totally classy about everything that happened in this past season. From his constant injuries and only scoring one goal last year to how he handled his buy-out/retirement last summer with the Rangers. Drury is a great guy, he was a leader with us, and one of the select few to be dawned as the captain of the New York Rangers. Honestly, I think he in a way has helped this team this season. I think from everything that Drury exemplified from courage, leadership, defensive ability, and doing the little things right has passed on to the rest of the team, not that it didn't before or that Tortorella clearly was also pushing the same brand of hockey, but I just think he's a great guy that the team learned from and also follows in his footsteps in a way.

It stinks that the ridiculous contract he had kind of blinded some people into seeing the type of player and person he was. But when you look at Ryan Callahan, I can totally see Chris Drury being somewhat of a mentor to him, maybe he was the perfect guy to have as our predecessor to Callahan. Who knows, maybe I'm just rambling about nothing, personally though, I believe Drury has left some type of footprint on this team in someway, shape, or form. And if he has, then the results couldn't be better.