FanPost

In Relation to Kreider

First off I want to say that I am not advocating the the trading of Kreider. With that said I believe that we are putting TOO much stock into what he is or could be. He is a crapshoot at BEST. My point is lets not get too crazy about trading an unproven commodity for one that may be able to help us NOW. Now for arguments sake, lets say thats Rick Nash. It is unlikely that kredier will meet or exceed Nash's accomplishments in the NHL. Case in point? Lets review NYR 1st round draft choices. Manny Malhotra, Pavel Brendl, Jamie Lundmark, Dan Blackburn, Hugh Jessiman, Al Montoya, Laurie Korpikoski, Marc Staal, Bobby Sanguinetti, MDZ. I wont go any further than that becuase they are unknowns. So lets see. Only 2 of the prior mentioned 1st rounders are on the team in Staal and MDZ. The rest are either average to below average or TOTAL busts. None of them are even in Rick Nash's outer hemisphere of talent or NHL production. While I'm not advocating that we trade all our young players away it shouldn't be dismissed out of hand just becuase they are young. Kreider is much more likely to fail than succeed, the numbers prove it.