Plea To The New York Rangers: Do NOT Trade For A Defenseman

The New York Rangers rumors are swirling at an unprecedented pace this winter. Whether it's Jeff Carter, Rick Nash, Anson Carter, or anyone out there, the rumors are being talked about at an all time high rate.

News broke today that Pavel Kubina was being asked by the Tampa Bay Lightning for a list of teams he would like to be traded to. The Rangers were immediately part of the speculation for a possible destination for Kubina.

That brings me to my plea. The Rangers do NOT need a defenseman. At all.

The top six as it stands is fine: Ryan McDonagh, Dan Girardi, Michael Del Zotto, Anton Stralman, Marc Staal, Steve Eminger, and soon to be Michael Sauer, Pavel Valentenko, Dylan McIllrath, Tim Erixon, I cold go on and on but you get the point.

The Rangers not only do not need a defenseman, but they would have no usage for one at all. So, please, do not trade for a defenseman. I beg you Rangers!