FanPost

Simple Question

I have a simple question for all of you guys. I want to take names out of this, and I want to take preconceived notions of players out of this as well. Take away your bias, and take away your emotional feelings for certain players.

I'm going to ask a simple question, and I'd like a simple yes/no answer.

If you have the ability, do you trade:

  1. A ~50 point forward, who specializes in having a strong defensive game. This player has bought into the teams system, and shows a willingness and ability o back-check, hit, fight, block shots, and win faceoffs. This player generates between 150-200 shots a year, and costs $4.2 million a year.
  2. The teams most hyped and anticipated prospect. This prospect has shown the ability to play well when it matters most. He is listed at 6'3", 230 pounds, and is still growing. He has world-class speed, a great shot, and an extreme amount of potential. Whether that potential is realized or not is yet to be seen, but he is property of a team who has an outstanding recent record of developing young players.
  3. A first round pick. Your team is doing well, so the pick will probably be in the 20-32 pick stage. The pick has a lot of value, but like mentioned earlier, might turn into nothing.
If you are getting in return:
  1. An all-star in the league. This all-star is a large man at 6'4", 215 pounds. He plays on a weaker team, and many believe that if he played around better talent he would be even better, although historical references show otherwise. This player averages 65-70 points a season, generating anywhere from 250-350 shots a year. This player costs $7.8 million a year, which could cause cap issues in the future.
So, simple yes or no. You don't even need to make comments. Just answer the poll.