FanPost

Why the Rangers...

Should not make a trade. There have been many fanposts saying that the Rangers should trade for this and give up this. Or Rangers should stay the course. I believe the Rangers should, "stay the course". Here are a few reasons why.

1) Earlier today the Flyers made a trade for the defenseman Nicklas Grossman. They gave up a 2012 second round pick and a 2013 third round pick. Grossmann a solid d-man indeed who plays 19 minutes a game and has some good size, but giving up two higher round picks for him is way too much. Also, Domonic Moore was traded to the Sharks for a second round pick. Moore, a solid two way player with a great work ethic, but this season he only has 4 goals and is -10. The point of this is that the Rangers will have to give up way too much for whatever they get. Teams know the Rangers are a top team who wants more scoring so they will drive the price way up. Rangers should not be quick to give up top prospects and draft picks. It should be a deep draft and we want to stay contenders for a long time.

2) This one is simple. Do the Rangers really need more help. They are the best team in the league with the best defense and goalie. The team chemistry is great, why would we want to change that. I think we have enough scoring as is. Gabby, Step, Cally, and Richards are all capable of carrying the offense and have before.

3) Team Chemistry. Do not break up the group. Many fans mention Dubisnky's name in trade talks. Sure he's not having the offensive year we all expected but he is way too important to the team. He's great on the PK, guys on the team love him, he's got some offense, and he's a bitch to play against. He is part of the identity of the team. The kind of guy the opposing team hates to play against.(See Flyers) He sticks up for his teamates and plays well in big games. Whether it's against the Bruins, Flyers, or Penguins you can count on Dubinksy playing a physical game and will provide offense. These are teams that the Rangers will probably see in the post-season and against those teams Dubby puts up 2g 4a 6p 20pim. This is the guy we want on our blue collar, hard-working, bad ass, talented team. No? Team Chemistry is so important. Look at recent champions in all of sports who stuck with team chemistry instead of getting the big name players at the trade deadline or dismantalling the team for big free agents. New York Giants, Boston Bruins, Dallas Mavericks, St. Louis Cardinals. These teams stayed the course and won. Not the Miami Heat, not the Boston Red Sox, not the Philidelphia Eagles. Stay with home-grown talent and dont trade them. The Rangers have been doing it the last few years, why change now?