NHL Trade Rumors: Would You Be Willing To Trade Christian Thomas?

NEWARK, NJ - SEPTEMBER 23: Christian Thomas #58 of the New York Rangers skates against the New Jersey Devils during a rookie game at the Prudential Center on September 23, 2011 in Newark, New Jersey. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

It's become clear that New York Rangers general manager Glen Sather is at least kicking the tires on a few potential deals for this upcoming trade deadline, including, of course, Rick Nash.

It would appear, if the reports can be believed, that Sather is not going to make Chris Kreider available in any trade -- which, in my opinion, is the right thing to do. But you need to give something to get something in this league, and if Kreider is off the board (and probably Tim Erixon as well) then Scott Howson would almost certianly look at a player like Christian Thomas.

Thomas is a sniper in the OHL, who after a big 10-game suspension and a very slow start to the season, found his game mid-way through the year. As it stands now Thomas still has 29 goals and 28 assists for 57 points in 45 games. He's considered one of the best goal scorers in the Rangers' system, and figured to have a shot to make a splash with next year's team.

So I ask all of you, would Thomas be one of the prospects you would be willing to part with if the right deal was on the table?