Wojtek Wolski And Jeff Woywitka Assigned To Connecticut On Condition Assignment

The New York Rangers announced that they have assigned forward, Wojtek Wolski, and defenseman, Jeff Woywitka to the Connecticut Whale of the American Hockey League. Wolski has remained a healthy scratch since he played two games in the presence of Brandon Dubinsky. Woywitka has been sitting ever since the recent injury to Steve Eminger, and the recall of Stu Bickel.

Erik Christensen just recently finished his conditioning stint down in Connecticut, and still remains a healthy scratch after returning. This is obviously to get the two of them back in game shape, in the event of another injury, or someone else is a healthy scratch.

It has been rumored that either Wojtek Wolski and/or Erik Christensen would be available come the trade deadline, and this could stur the pot even more. We will continue to update everyone on the recent news, as we slowly approach the deadline. Speaking of trades, check out Kevin's article, which looks at some players the Rangers should look at, come the trade deadline.