Rangers Vs. Penguins: Keys To The Game

PITTSBURGH, PA - JANUARY 06: Derek Stepan #21 of the New York Rangers skates with the puck past Deryk Engelland #5 of the Pittsburgh Penguins during the NHL game at Consol Energy Center on January 6, 2012 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The Rangers defeated the Penguins 3-1. (Photo by Christian Petersen/Getty Images)

The New York Rangers will be in Pittsburgh tonight to face-off against their division rivals, the Pittsburgh Penguins. No game is easy in the NHL, and this is just another one of those tough games. Last time the Rangers met with the Penguins in Pittsburgh, they came away with the win.

Keep On Malkin: Malkin is very, very dangerous, even by himself. The Rangers cannot afford to leave him alone on the ice, for even a second. Last game against the Penguins, Malking scored a highlight reel goal to seal the game for them. You can almost guarantee that Dan Girardi and Ryan McDonagh will be getting some big minutes tonight, with Malkin out there.

Work The Power Play: In these divisional games, there are almost always going to be penalties handed out for sure. The Rangers have been pretty good on the power play over the last stretch of games, so if they get the chance tonight, they need to make it count.