Rangers Vs. Islanders: Keys To The Game

NEW YORK, NY - DECEMBER 26: Goalie Evgeni Nabokov #20 of the New York Islanders stops a shot by Ryan Callahan #24 of the New York Rangers in the second period of an NHL hockey game at Madison Square Garden on December 26, 2011 in New York City. (Photo by Paul Bereswill/Getty Images)

The New York Rangers will face-off against their cross-town rivals once against this season. The Rangers are coming off of a heartbreaking 2-0 to the Pittsburgh Penguins on Tuesday night. Meanwhile, the Islanders are fighting hard to get back into the playoff race. Tonight will be a great game between two rivals, here are tonight's keys to the game.

Get Back To Their Game: The Rangers lacked pretty much every aspect of their normal game plan against the Penguins. The Rangers need to get back to that plan tonight, and even John Tortorella agrees. The trade rumors have also be swirling, and the Rangers need to shrug them off and play their game tonight.

The Power Play: As we saw last game, the Rangers had at least seven different chances on the power play, but couldn't convert. It wound up costing them the game, as they couldn't put a single puck in the net that night. If the chance(s) arise tonight, the Rangers need to make it count or they are in some serious trouble.