The New York Rangers Need To Rebound Against The Sabres

UNIONDALE, NY - FEBRUARY 24: The New York Islanders celebrate a goal by Matt Moulson #26 at 6:07 of the first period against the New York Rangers at the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum on February 24, 2012 in Uniondale, New York. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

The New York Rangers were handed a very disappointing loss to their cross-town rivals last night, the New York Islanders. They had a sluggish start, but were able to fight their way back into the game, and send it to overtime. However, the shootout result didn't agree with them and they only came away with one point tonight.

While they still got a point, they need to realize that these stretch of games are crucial. Whether you're in first place or not, you need every point you can get in the final stretch of games. The Rangers will be in action again tonight, and they absolutely need a victory here.

The Rangerrs are currently on a two game skid this season, which hasn't happened very often. With the trade deadline looming, the Rangers could look to make some moves if tonight's game does not go their way. It should be an interesting day as well, with Rick Nash possibly being dealt as well.