Breaking News: Wojtek Wolski Traded To Florida Panthers For Third Round Pick

Bob McKenzie of TSN just reported that New York Rangers forward, Wojtek Wolski, has been traded to the Florida Panthers. Wolski has only played two games since returning from the injury reserve earlier in the season. This has been looming for quite some time, but it has finally become a reality.

It is confirmed that the Rangers have received a third round pick in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, along with defensemen Mike Vernace. In all honesty, this is another typical Sather deal, he somehow managed to squeak out a third round pick, for Wolski, who has been scratched for the entire season. The Florida Panthers initially had interest in Wolski because of his past success in shootouts.

The Rangers have also, officially freed up $3.8 million in cap space, and are still currently in the Rick Nash sweepstakes. This could shape up to be a very interesting weekend for the Rangers. We will keep you guys updated on any further deals.