FanPost

2008 NHL Draft

Four years ago the Rangers selected Michael Del Zotto with the 20 overall pick. In that draft the first round had 12 defenseman go in the first round. So far all but one has played in the NHL. All but 4 first rounders in that draft have played in the NHL total. Anyway, I wonder if the Rangers had the same spot and knowing what they knew now, would they still pick Del Zotto? The picks after DZ were, Anton Gustaffson, Jordan Eberle, Tyler Cuma, Mattias Tedenby, Greg Nimisz, Tyler Ennis, John Carlson, Viktor Tikhinov, Daultan Leveille, and Thomas McCollum to finish it off. I think there are really two guys after that who would be close, Eberle and Carlson. Would you rather have MDZ or one of those two?

Also, if teams redo the 2008 draft here's how I think it would go in order for the top 20.

1. Steven Stamkos

2. Drew Doughty

3. Erik Karlsson

4. Jordan Eberle

5. Alex Pietrangelo

6. Tyler Myers

7. John Carlson

8. Michael Del Zotto

9.Luke Schenn

10. Cody Hodgson

11. Zach Bogosian

12. Kyle Beach

13. Colin Wilson

14. Tyler Ennis

15. Luca Sbisa

That's how I think the top 15 would go. Something tells me that Filitov would not have gone 6 overall again. Anyway just something for discussion. Try and do something different than trade situations.