Behind The Scenes: The Wojtek Wolski Trade

Feb. 26, 2012: Sunrise, FL, USA; Florida Panthers left wing Wojtek Wolski (8) controls the puck in front of Montreal Canadiens right wing Aaron Palushaj (60) during the third period at the BankAtlantic Center. The Panthers won 4-2. Mandatory Credit: Steve Mitchell-US PRESSWIRE

As many of you know, I have a hidden camera inside of Glen Sather's official "trade discussion" office, and every once in a while I transcribe videos from completed trades. Although the Wojtek Wolski trade to the Florida Panthers was not a blockbuster, let's take a look at the discussion that led to the trade.

Dale Tallon (DT) and Glen Sather (GS) discuss a possible trade, but Glen struggles with Dale's name.

DT: Hey Glen, so any chance we can have Brandon Dubinsky? We'll give you a 3rd rounder for him.

GS: No can do Davey boy, we're holding on to Dubinsky for a possible bigger move.

DT: Rick Nash?

GS: Who the h-e-double hockey sticks is Rick Nash?

DT: You know, the forward on Columbus? He's available, you know?

GS: *looks up Rick Nash* this guy's available? I was going to go for Jared Boll! *Hangs up Phone* *Calls Scott Howson with trade offer, is told he doesn't have enough cap room* *Calls back Dave Tallon*

GS: Hey Dave, I can't give you Dubinsky, but I can give you Wade Redden and/or Sean Avery. They are the stars of the AHL, and A is before N in the alphabet, so you know they're good.

DT: I'm not that dumb. It's not like I would sign basically every free agent on the market to a four year deal in one off-season!

GS: Dave....Dave...how about Erik Christensen?

Continue reading after the jump for more.

DT: Who? *Looks up EC* .....Glen you already traded him to the Wild?

GS: Really? Coulda sworn John Tortorella was yelling at him the other night. Guess he was just yelling at the walls for not giving him enough jam again.

DT: How about Artem Anisimov?

GS: How about we go to the other end of the alphabet? Wojtek Wolski? He knows how to take a nice bath.

DT: Is he good in shootouts?

GS: He'll shoot you!

DT: Glen...just stop talking. What do you want for Wolski? A 7th?

GS: A 1st and Michael Vernace

DT: You know we shouldn't even be taking Wolski's contract off your hands, I just love the guys name.

GS: 3rd and Vernace, and I get to change your name to Davey Crockett in my address book.

DT: Can I at least have Avery then?

GS: Hahahahahahaha....no.

Deal done.