2012 NHL Trade Deadline: Open Thread

NEW YORK, NY - FEBRUARY 25: The New York Rangers react following a goal by Ryan Callahan #24 of the New York Rangers in overtime to defeat the Buffalo Sabres at Madison Square Garden on February 25, 2012 in New York City. (Photo by Chris Trotman/Getty Images)

Editor's Note: From now until 4:00 p.m. (when the last of the trades should be announced; remember that deals completed by the 3:00 p.m deadline don't get announced right away) we'll be running an open thread an hour. Not only will this keep load times down, but it will also create fresh conversation. Each thread will be updated with the various trades and rumors that have happened. Enjoy.

Here are some notes to get us started:

- I still don't think the Rick Nash sweepstakes are over, and I still don't think the New York Rangers are out of the bidding. I think Glen Sather simply walked away from a table where the price was too high, and it will come down as the day wears on. I could be wrong, but I have a feeling Nash isn't a Blue Jacket at the end of the deadline.

- I do expect to see the Rangers make a move even if it's not for Nash. Maybe a depth move (John Mitchell has worked out, no?) or two.

OK guys, the floor is yours.