2012 NHL Trade Deadline: Andrei Kostitsyn First To Be Dealt, Joins Brother Sergei

Editor's Note: From now until 4:00 p.m. (when the last of the trades should be announced; remember that deals completed by the 3:00 p.m deadline don't get announced right away) we'll be running an open thread an hour. Not only will this keep load times down, but it will also create fresh conversation. Each thread will be updated with the various trades and rumors that have happened. Enjoy.

Here are some notes to build on from earlier:

- It seems as if we had our first deal of the afternoon which had Andrei Kostitsyn heading to the Nashville Predators. This will be the second time the two Kostitsyn brothers will be together since their days in Montreal.

- What would the Trade Deadline be without a bunch of rumblings? According to multiple people on twitter, the Rangers also have an interest in Winnipeg defensemen, Johnny Oduya.

Follow after the jump for all of the recent trades.

DATE PLAYER/COMPENSATION TEAM STORY TEAM PLAYER/COMPENSATION
FEB 27 Andrei Kostitsyn, F
DETAILS ›
2013 2nd-round pick
Cond. 2013 5th-round pick