2012 NHL Trade Deadline: Mike Commodore Heads To Tampa For 7th Round Pick

NEW YORK, NY - FEBRUARY 25: The New York Rangers react following a goal by Ryan Callahan #24 of the New York Rangers in overtime to defeat the Buffalo Sabres at Madison Square Garden on February 25, 2012 in New York City. (Photo by Chris Trotman/Getty Images)

Editor's Note: From now until 4:00 p.m. (when the last of the trades should be announced; remember that deals completed by the 3:00 p.m deadline don't get announced right away) we'll be running an open thread an hour. Not only will this keep load times down, but it will also create fresh conversation. Each thread will be updated with the various trades and rumors that have happened. Enjoy.

Here are some notes to build on from earlier:

- It only took until 12:40, but we finally had our second move of the afternoon. It had Red Wings defensemen, Mike Commodore, heading to Tampa Bay in exchange for a conditional 7th-round pick. This may be the deal that sets off the rest, as it are closing in on 1:00 PM.

- We also saw our third deal of the day as Nick Schultz went to the Edmonton Oilers in exchange for Tom Glibert.

- Brad Stuart has also been rumored to the New York Rangers for some draft picks. Wouldn't be a bad pick-up at all by Glen Sather.

- Steve Ott has been quite the hot commodity today, and according to Pierre LeBrun, there are ten different teams that have inquired about Steve Ott. Could he be the next to move?

DATE PLAYER/COMPENSATION TEAM STORY TEAM PLAYER/COMPENSATION
FEB 27 Andrei Kostitsyn, F
2013 2nd-round pick
Cond. 2013 5th-round pick
FEB 27 Mike Commodore, D