2012 NHL Trade Deadline: New York Rangers Making A Late Push For Rick Nash

Editor's Note: From now until 4:00 p.m. (when the last of the trades should be announced; remember that deals completed by the 3:00 p.m deadline don't get announced right away) we'll be running an open thread an hour. Not only will this keep load times down, but it will also create fresh conversation. Each thread will be updated with the various trades and rumors that have happened. Enjoy.

Here are some notes to build on from earlier:

- Darren Dreger reported around 2:00 that the Rangers have made a late push to acquire Rick Nash. He also states that on the other end, Rick Nash has been pressuring Columbus as well. This could be a very interesting end to this deadline.

- After going almost 5 hours without any deals, we have eight total trades, four of them coming through in the last thirteen minutes. Do you guys think any bigger deals are on the way?

Follow after the jump for all of the trades that took place today.

DATE PLAYER/COMPENSATION TEAM STORY TEAM PLAYER/COMPENSATION
FEB 27 Andrei Kostitsyn, F
2013 2nd-round pick
Cond. 2013 5th-round pick
FEB 27 Mike Commodore, D