FanPost

Glen Sather News Conference - a Nugget + Comedy

Glen Sather spoke to the media late yesterday afternoon, after the trade deadline came and went, and the only move he made was for hulking 2-way player John Scott.

As people generally noted, the prices were high for any players that other teams were interested in - and Glen attributed that (as do most writers and analysts) to the fact that so many teams can still smell the 8th spot in the conference and think they can make it - there just weren't many 'sellers' in the market.

As he discussed the situation and reacted to a question about John Scott and the roster as presently constituted, there are 2 "gems" nearly in the same sentence.

First - he seems to be indicating that Chris Kreider may indeed turn pro this spring.

"....and we have some other people that are probably going to turn pro at the end of the school year...."

Very interesting.

The comedic gem follows right after - you can see and hear the sequence starting at about the 3:25 mark of the video: http://blueshirtsunited.com/videos/841/glen-sather-news-conference

Now - I don't know who the reporter was, but talk about a setup. And Glen must've been in a great mood to follow it up with a perfect comebacker....

reporter: "...College year?"

Glen (smirking a bit): "Right!.......we're not talking about pre-school.....(raucous laughter).....we can't have that young of a team (more laughter)"

Who knew Glen really had a sense of humor like that ? I mean, c'mon, his previous best efforts were "Our Number one guy - best first passer in the game" and the like. Funny? Hell yes - but in that "I can't believe you really said that" sarcastic kind of funny.

Way to go Glen! Way to go....