FanPost

Public Enemy(ies) #1?

I've had many arguments with fellow fans on who is the Rangers greatest division rival. I've heard every possible answer too. This is all merely out of curiosity of how other Rangers fans feel. But this is how i see it (how its gone since i've been born in '93)

(I believe i had seen a similar post sometime ago, but i thought id bring it up again since this is the last year of the Atlantic Division)

Penguins(4): I don't know all too much about the history of contact between these two teams. Except for the 2008 playoff meeting, i cant see a reason for much hatred against the Pens. Most distaste seem to be directed to Crosby as an individual. If anyone a little older than myself can see a era of more intense play between these two team, let me know. Their 4th on my list

Islanders(3): Many people like to hype up every game the Rangers play the Islanders. And rightfully so. But i cant help but feel that the recent lack of success by the Islanders has caused the "rivalry" to fade. Its not like the Islanders have knocked the Rangers out of the playoffs lately, or vice versa. Without the big, intense, "playoff-like" games, this rivalry's sharpness has been dulled. They are 3rd on my list. ...Potvin Sucks!

Flyers(2): Where do i begin? This is the oldest of the rivalries in the Atlantic division. They Broadstreet Bullies clashing with the Rangers in the playoffs again and again. So many memories. So many moments. My whole life i've been raised to hate the Flyers. For good reason. And the action between the two lately, including the winter classic have only fanned the flames. We love to beat them, and they love to beat us. Their 2nd on my list.

Devils(1): I hate the F*&%ing Devils. Hate them, hate them, hate them. Most of my childhood (pre-lockout) they have ALWAYS outdone the Rangers. It killed me to not only see the Rangers so bad, but the Devils keep winning. The Devils have met the Rangers 5 times in the playoffs. Rangers have the winning record of 4-1. But the devils fans wont ever let you forget about that 06 sweeping, or their 3 cups in 7 years. The devils are also the consistent powerhouse in the division, no matter where their predicted to be. I love to beat the devils soooo much, and when they beat us, my week is horrible. I never hear the end of it. Fun fact: The Rangers-Devils rivalry is the geographically closest in the NHL.

So tell me guys, how does your list go? Feel free to explain.