FanPost

Kreider a Ranger in time for the playoffs?

Could we see one of the club's hottest prospects play for theNew York Rangers before the 2011-12 campaign concludes? Larry Brooks of the New York Post believes it's not out of the question:

"... Boston College star Chris Kreider, who played for the Team USA under-20 team in the 2011 World Junior Championship, has a chance to make the Rangers roster for the playoffs if he decides to leave school early and shows he's ready to be an NHL player ..."

When asked if he intends to sign the 20-year-old towering winger in time to suit up for the Rangers this season, GM Glen Sather replied "absolutely".

There's a week left in the AHL season after the NCAA Frozen Four finals take place, April 5-7. It's possible Kreider could play in the Connecticut Whale's final three games, then join the Rangers in the playoffs. In which case, the promising youngster would burn the first of his three-year entry level contract.

Courtesy of espn rumor central

This is a fanshot, but I had some trouble getting it to work so I put it in a fanpost, sorry about that. Usually I take no interest in what ESPN has to say about hockey because to be honest, their coverage is a joke and most of their analysts are a joke. However, this article caught my eye and intrigued me. I doubt they would bring him up and put him on a roster that has such good chemistry to begin with, but it's exciting to see that he may be up real real soon. I've been waiting a few years now for the Kreider era to being and I'm expecting great things. What are your thoughts?