FanPost

Ryan Smyth rumors

Yeah it is that time of the year when rumors are abundant. Latest out of the NY Post has Brooks claiming that Ryan Smyth would waive his NTC to come to the Rangers.

He doesn't say if the NYR have the same interest but given Slats history with Smyth and that he would fill the tough scoring LW you could assume there would be some interest depending on price.

Smyth is on his last year of his contract and his cap hit would be around $1.4mil at the time of the trade deadline, enough to fit with the Rangers if we traded/demoted WW.

On pace for another 20g season, 4th year in a row, it appears he is still productive. His 4ppg would place him 3rd on the NYR.

Thoughts?