New York Rangers Trade Erik Christensen, 7th Round Pick To Minnesota Wild For Casey Wellman

So long Mr. Invisible, we hardly knew ye. Erik Christensen has been traded to the Minnesota Wild for AHL forward Casey Wellman. Wellman will report to the Connecticut Whale, while it is unknown whether or not Christensen will join the NHL Wild yet.

Christensen, known for his shootout talents, last played for the Rangers on December 17th, and recently was demoted to the AHL for a "conditioning stint." While he earned the nickname "Mr. Invisible" for his amazing ability to be unnoticeable on the ice when he did play, he handled the situation when he did not play extremely well.

Wellman, 24, is a center, that has played 41 games in the NHL in his career, scoring four goals and assisting on nine more. You can see his NHL.com profile here. Hockey Wilderness, the Wild SB Nation Blog, wrote about Wellman here

This season in the AHL, Wellman has scored fourteen goals and assisted on twelve goals, in addition to 21 penalty minutes.

The 7th round pick is conditional, and this is likely a salary cap relief move for the Rangers.