Blueshirt Banter Discussion: Are Bigger Moves On The Way For The New York Rangers?

BUFFALO, NY - APRIL 06: Erik Chritensen #26 of the New York Rangers gets off a shot as Tim Kennedy #13 of the Buffalo Sabres pressures him at HSBC Arena on April 6, 2010 in Buffalo, New York. (Photo by Rick Stewart/Getty Images)

Yesterday Glen Sather shockingly found a suitor for Erik Christensen, sending him to the Minnesota Wild. The move, while minor at first sight, might, in fact, lead to a bigger move at the deadline.

While the money aspect isn't major either -- the Rangers only saved $925K with the move -- it did remove a logjam at the forward position. There have also been rumblings that Sather might be looking to move Wojtek Wolski -- who hasn't made an impact for the Rangers at all this season.

If the Rangers are going to pull off another big move, they're going to need to clear more space. In that aspect, trading Wolski makes sense, but if John Tortorella is pleased with what he has we might not see anything happen this season.

So I ask all of you, do you think the Chrisensen trade is a prelude to bigger things for the Rangers? Go ahead, the floor is yours.