FanPost

Blogs: Then what's the point?

I am 52 years of age so I have been on both sides of the "technology" progressions. Meaning I have been on the side where there was very little technology available for "average folk" and I have been fortunate to see where we are now, where nothing is kept secret and technology is available to just about everyone that wants it.

One of the rages that have come out of the age of technology are "blogs." We all like to BS, lol. We all like to give our opinions. We all like to sound like we know what we are talking about, more so than the next person. Blogs relating to sports, politics, the environment, entertainment, etc. etc. etc. have consumed our lives in some way. But in reality, what does it mean? Absolutely nothing. Blogs present a forum for discussion that have zero bearing on anyone's lives, we hope. So why participate in them?

Being a Ranger fan since 1967, I love talking about the Rangers, reading about them, posting about them, etc. I came on this site in October, 2010, or thereabouts. I love the Banter. There is a lot of participation. A lot of opinions and a lot of comments. That's all good. The bad part comes in when posters feel the need to disparage another poster's comments. Why? There is a big difference between disagreeing with the poster and outright trashing them. If I want to say: "I know for a fact that this trade will happen" then who cares what I say? You have 3 choices: Don't read my posts, read it and don't comment, or read it and post a comment that's appropriate. Trust me, what I have to say on this blog is not changing anyone's lives. I try to do that in other ways outside of my career.

So what's the point of a blog? To have fun with the topic of the blog, in this case the Rangers. For a large number of Ranger fans to come together and have a "discussion" about our team. It is a "release" from our day to day lives and to hopefully relieve the stress we all endure in our own ways, not to create more. So when someone posts something that sounds "ridiculous" then there is no need to trash that person like they just committed a crime. Just move on or simply disagree because in the grand scheme of things, what we say hear is BS anyway and meaningless. You know, the same "BS" posters like to call other posters that say "ridiculous" things. But then I say, ridiculous to who? That's a matter of opinion. Let's go Rangers!! (that we all agree on).