FanPost

Can We Please Stop Talking About Nash, Weber, Suter, And Parise?

I'm getting a little annoyed seeing those three guys getting thrown around this site way too often and I don't think people realize how much of a pipe dream it is for the Rangers to acquire any of those guys. Lets look at why getting these 3 guys won't happen/ is stupid.

Trading for any of these guys- Zach Parise is impossible to trade for. One the Devils under Lou Lamoriello HAVE NEVER TRADED WITH THE RANGERS and two if Sather wanted that to change he'd have to give a stupidly ridiculous offer which he won't do. As for Weber and Suter they both are gettable but there's no way Sather is willing to part with two of Mcdonagh, Girardi, Staal, Erixon (He's young and has value) to get one of those guys. Nash is another story. As for his ridiculous cap hit which would have to be accommodated for I'm pretty sure Sather isn't parting with any of the core, picks, and prospects mid season. He's not going to blow up the roster overnight to get Rick Nash.

Free Agency- If Suter and Parise all make it to free agency it's a miracle. But is it worth it to get one of them? Parise makes more sense than Suter because I really like our defensive core right now and it's not worth it to get rid of Staal and a guy like Sauer to make room for Suter's would be cap hit. As for Parise I'd only accept him if he took well under market value. I'm talking like $6.5 million while he could probably obtain $7.5 million easily. I'm fine with trading away Dubinsky and probably a guy like Boyle or Rupp to accommodate him.

The New CBA- Well ever since the Kovalchuk contract we knew that Bettman was going to bring down the hammer when the CBA expires. It's inevitable. This just completely makes going after a guy like Nash completely idiotic. Kind of reminds when the league put in a hard cap and the Rangers had to deal with Jagr's massive contract and cap hit even though it was worth it.

Listen i'm fine with playing arm chair GM, hell I even do it all the time. But bringing in massive changes to a team that only needs minor fixes is absurd. We're first in the east right now and we're talking about Rick Nash??? All i'm gonna say is if your going to talk about Parise you should do it when the season's over.

The Rangers are playing some of their best hockey in their 86 year history and instead of enjoying it and talking about what we might need in the playoffs we're talking about blowing the roster up. A little bit insane don't ya think?