Who Goes Where In The Hypotheticals?

NEW YORK, NY - JANUARY 24: John Mitchell #34 of the New York Rangers skates during the game against the Winnipeg Jets on January 24, 2012 at Madison Square Garden in New York City. (Photo by Christopher Pasatieri/Getty Images)

New York Rangers fans are coming up with some...creative trade ideas almost daily now as we near the Trade Deadline. I cannot fault anyone for thinking ahead to the deadline, as the transactions are always fun to watch and discuss.

Many have discussed the possibility of the Rangers making a trade. I would support a trade for Brad Boyes, among some others, but the question remains:

Who leaves the lineup in the hypothetical scenarios?

First, let's get goaltending and defense out of the way. The Rangers are not trading for a goaltender, and have too much defensive depth to bother trading for a defenseman by the deadline.

The only question on defense is Steve Eminger vs. Stu Bickel, to which I prefer Bickel for his physical play.

Say the Rangers add to the roster without subtracting from the NHL team, though? For example a player for a minor league player and a pick? The burning question is who would be taken out of the lineup.

The obvious choice for many is Mike Rupp, but John Tortorella is not about to remove him from the lineup. Despite his fantastic play, John Mitchell may be in the most danger of losing his spot in the lineup.

What says you?