FanPost

Time to cool off

Hey guys, whats up? I've been on this site for about a year and glance at it at least once a day, but I do not post that often so try to be gentle on me. So I just finished watching that horrible ending to a game against the devils. In my personal opinion the ref should have waived off the goal, but not call the penalty in order to make the play reviewable. That was a joke of a call, but I'm on my couch, not on the ice. Join me after the jump for the reason why I'm posting

So I was reading the game thread and couldn't help, but notice some real hatred or lack of patience with Stepan. We have to remember that he has been in the league for less than 2 seasons and he is still maturing in his game. Case in point MDZ. He had a great rookie campaign and then followed that with a real stinker. The sophomore slump is not only a baseball phenomenon. Now mdz is having a pretty nice showing in his 3rd pro season. back to Stepan, he isn't having a stellar season, but isn't horrible either. Hes 4th on the team in points and 1st in assists. He is a play-maker and will rack up some great numbers if given time. If I''m not mistaken he led the junior worlds in points the year they won the gold, correct me if I'm wrong.

Again I'm still new to this site and maybe this is an inside joke so I hope I don't sound dumb. Does traid mean trade? I think moving Stepan would be a poor choice in the long run because I trhink with some time he could be a star in the league, again IMO.

What this team needs in one more piece to the puzzle and that isn't a Nash, Suter or Weber at this moment. Those are free agent fish. If we could just get some more scoring and a power-play that works, I do not believe any team, east or west, could beat us in 7. Lastly, speaking about the pp, is it me or does it look like no one moves at all when we finally settle the puck down.Two years ago, we weren't tops in the league, but we could score a goal or two on the pp. I remember Staal skating the line with the puck to open space as well as MDZ and Danny G cutting from the opposite points to the net for a feed. The forwards and the defense seemed to move a lot more with and without the puck.

So this night might burn for a little, but remember we are still in first and still playing well. What are your thoughts?