FanPost

NHLOA Enemy

So i've made it a personal mission in life to become the NHLOA's worst enemy. Last year I started emailed the OA after a game (which i can't remember) about a horrible call against the Rangers that ended up being the "straw that broke the camels back" and lost the game for the Rangers. The second time was for some insane calls against Avery (yes for once he didn't deserve them), thankfully they still won but just barely. I had only written them twice up until the end of the season. In the playoffs I wasn't as vocal and never emailed them. Although i'm sure i could have if i really felt up to it.

As of this year I am up to 9 emails. I've kept copier of each one just in-case i would ever need to look back on them. The 2 most recent ones off the top of my head are the Winter Classic and tonights game. They did their best to call the game for Philly in the WC. Point in case the double call that ended up with Cally going to the box at the end. Now we did win that game but either way the officiating was still "disgusting". Tonight's call ,however, coast the Rangers at the very least a point in the standings.

Most can argue that the Rangers didn't exactly play up to par tonight, especially during the 1st period. As the game progressed the team played better. During the 3rd is when there looked to be light at the end of the tunnel. Even the last PP seemed to be working a bit we just didn't score (as always). Then with just over 5 seconds left we break through (until the refs said fuck you). Gaborik is pushed into fatso from behind by Volchenkov. There are 2 linesmen and 2 refs on the ice. Now from pretty much any angle you wish to see, you can clearly tell that Gaborik was trying to stop due to the amount of snow coming from his skates. Refs wave the goal off and call goaltender interference. Moot point with only 5 seconds and the game already won by the refs.

I know this upset just about every Ranger fan watching the game and any who missed it will see during the highlights. I seriously hope (and we know this may never happen) that during the CBA talks team are allowed at least one challenge a game. This would have change the out-come of not only our game, but the LA game from last week as well. With refs calls getting more and more absurd, it might force refs to really think about calls/non-calls. Just want your feelings on everything.