The New York Rangers Have A Tough Week Ahead

NEW YORK, NY - FEBRUARY 27: Ryan McDonagh #27 of the New York Rangers congratulates Henrik Lundqvist #30 of the New York Rangers on his 2-0 shutout against the New Jersey Devils at Madison Square Garden on February 27, 2012 in New York City. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

The New York Rangers will be heading into Carolina tomorrow which will start off a very hectic and important week for the team. Over the next week, the Rangers will have two separate back to back games, starting tonight against the Hurricanes. The Rangers will then head into Tampa the following night on Friday. Exactly a week later, the Rangers will be doing the same exact thing, facing off against Ottawa on Thursday, and Chicago on Friday.

That's not even including the games against the Boston Bruins and New Jersey Devils in between that. With that said, the Rangers are in for quite a stretch of games here, and each and every one of them are important at this part of the season.

Ryan Callahan is also listed as day-to-day with a bruised foot, which could possibly hold him out of tomorrow's game. With the next week of games being crucial, I wouldn't doubt that he gets some time tomorrow. Regardless, the Rangers have been pretty good during back-to-backs this season, and hopefully they continue that trend during this next week.