Ranger Pregame News: Ryan Callahan Will Sit, John Scott Makes Ranger Debut

The New York Rangers announced today that captain Ryan Callahan will be sitting out tonight's game against the Carolina Hurricanes. Ryan Callahan sat out of practice yesterday with what was said to be a bruised foot. It's probably nothing serious, it's just a precautionary move by the Rangers to make sure he is 100% before returning to the line-up.

The newest addition to the Rangers, John Scott, will be making his Rangers debut tonight due to the absence of Callahan. Scott was acquired at the trade deadline, and was added to create some offensive and defensive depth. Scott is versatile and can play both defense and offense, and it looks like he will be playing the wing tonight. According to the practice lines, he will be paired up with John Mitchell and Mike Rupp on the fourth line.

Martin Biron will also be starting between the pipes for the Rangers tonight, which will be his 16th start of the season. Biron has played a large role in the Rangers success this season, despite some recent weaknesses. The amount of games Biron played this season has definitely taken the burden off of Lundqvist, who is projected to only start around 60 games this season.