Rangers Vs. Hurricanes: Keys To The Game

NEW YORK, NY - FEBRUARY 27: (L-R) Dan Girardi #5, Ryan Callahan #24, Brad Richards #19 and Carl Hagelin #62 of the New York Rangers celebrate Callahan's empty net goal against the New Jersey Devils at Madison Square Garden on February 27, 2012 in New York City. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

The New York Rangers will look to make it three in a row tonight, as they head into North Carolina to face-off against the Carolina Hurricanes. The Rangers are coming off two very close games against the Buffalo Sabres and New Jersey Devils. With that said, here are tonight's keys to the game.

Stay Confident: The Rangers will be without their captain tonight, as he is recovering from a bruised foot. As a result, John Scott will be making his debut for the Rangers tonight. Callahan is known for his strong presence on the forecheck, and he provides the Rangers with a spark. Could his absence affect the Rangers tonight?

Avoid The Trap Game: Carolina may be at the bottom of the conference, but they still have some firepower up front, from Eric Staal and Jussi Jokinen. The Rangers cannot take this game lightly, and they need to come out with a strong offensive game.

Follow after the jump for more. What are your first goal predictions for tonight?

Working The Power Play: The Rangers have been decent on the power play lately, and they need to keep up that success to remain in the win column. Tonight is no different then any other night, if the chances arise, they need to make them count on the power play.