Breaking New York Rangers News: Rangers Recall Mats Zuccarello; Brandon Dubinsky In Tonight, Ryan Callahan And Michael Del Zotto Out

NEWARK, NJ - MARCH 06: Marek Zidlicky #2 of the New Jersey Devils checks Brian Boyle #22 of the New York Rangers during the first period on March 6, 2012 at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey. (Photo by Christopher Pasatieri/Getty Images)

The headline (perhaps the longest in Blueshirt Banter history) says it all. I was in the midst of typing a long rant about how the Rangers are not dealing with their injuries correctly, and then they announced the promotion of winger Mats Zuccarello from the Connecticut Whale.

Brandon Dubinsky is "healthy" and in tonight vs. the New York Islanders, while both Ryan Callahan and Michael Del Zotto are out vs. the in-state rivals. I would like to once again question if the Rangers brought both Callahan and especially Del Zotto back from their injuries too soon, as they both came back, and dealt with injury problems once again.

A common practice in the NHL is to bring players back too soon, both because of the "toughness of the league" and the races the teams are in. I don't agree with it, but the majority seem to.

Anyway, hopefully somehow the mammoth monster, who I do not even consider it fair to label as a "defenseman," John Scott, is out of the lineup, but that appears unlikely.

That's all for now.