New York Rangers Noon Number: 8:21

NEW YORK, NY - JANUARY 24: Brad Richards #19 of the New York Rangers is congratulated after a third period goal against the Winnipeg Jets on January 24, 2012 at Madison Square Garden in New York City. (Photo by Christopher Pasatieri/Getty Images)

In the New York Rangers' victory over the New York Islanders the Rangers went 3-for-6 on the power play. During all of those power plays Brad Richards (who scored two goals and added an assist -- all on the power play) played an astounding 8:21 on the power play. You didn't read that wrong, Richards played 8:21 on the power play Sunday night.

That's a huge number. To put it into perspective, Marian Gaborik was the next highest player with 7:45 seconds. The third highest player wasn't even a defenseman, it was Mats Zuccarello, who clocked 6:34. Anton Stralman was the fourth highest player at 5:41.

Technically, when looking at the power play, you consider Richards a "pointman" since he plays at the point. Generally "pointmen" get the most power play time of anyone on the team. That held true Sunday against the Islanders.

Richards made it count, too, with three power play points. As did Gaborik (game-winning goal and an assists -- all on the power play) and Zuccarello (who John Tortorella said made some brilliant passes).

That might mean Zuccarello will get a pretty good look the next couple of days. Thoughts?