FanPost

Lets talk hockey - GM Meetings and Rule Changes

Further discussion to Pierre LeBruns article "GMs meetings: Rule changes being weighed" - Article Here

Pierre LeBrun sums up the points of interest from the GMs meetings.

In summary, a list of the points of interest from when they appear in the article:

1. Hybrid Icing
2. Hand Passes
3. Changes on the Fly
4. Red Line Discussion
5. Goaltending Interference
6. Trapezoid
7. Hits Along the Boards-Embellishment
8. The delay-of-game/puck-over-the-glass

I would like to poll the audience to get an idea of how hockey fans view these points, however, I can only post one Poll per Fan Post. So, please feel free to respond in the comments section.

What would you Vote?

1. Switch from the current touch-icing to hybrid icing, which is employed in the NCAA and USHL: a race for the puck to the face-off dots instead of the end boards, the linesman making the call.

A. In Favor
B. Not In Favor

2. Introduce a two-minute penalty in the defensive zone to a player on the defensive team who commits a hand pass.

A. In Favor
B. Not In Favor

3. On the recent trend of teams cheating with long changes.
A. Should this be enforced more often
B. The rule is enforced enough

4. Would it make sense to bring back the center red line for offside, the theory being that it would slow the game down and thus prevent some injuries.
A. Yes, this would make sense
B. No, I disagree, do not bring back the red line rule

5. Should video review be expanded to include controversial goals when goalies appear to be interfered with.

A. Yes
B. No

6. Eliminate the Trapezoid
A. Yes
B. No
C. No, but this rule needs to be modified

7. Players purposely milking a hit to generating a boarding call. Is this an issue?
A. Yes
B. No

8. Delay-of-game/puck-over-the-glass. If a team is already killing a penalty and gets dinged for a delay-of-game/puck-over-the-glass penalty, that the penalty doesn’t get served until the first penalty is expired.
A. Great Idea, let's impose this rule
B. Not a good idea