Rangers Vs. Hurricanes: Chad Johnson Recalled From Connecticut

NEW YORK, NY - NOVEMBER 06: Henrik Lundqvist #30 (R) congratulates Martin Biron #43 (L) of the New York Rangers on his 3-0 shutout against the Winnipeg Jets at Madison Square Garden on November 6, 2011 in New York City. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

Some late pregame new for you folks today, but Chad Johnson was recalled from the Connecticut Whale of the American Hockey League. Before everyone jumps into panic mode, it seems as if it is only an illness to one of the two goalies. Jim Cerny confirmed via twitter that there has been no current health updates on either goaltender.

The Rangers held an optional skate earlier this morning, and Martin Biron was the only goalie that was present on the ice. Usually, that signifies that Henrik Lundqvist will be getting the start, so one can only hope that it is not him, that is sick.

But with that said, we won't officially find out what happened until around 5:00, as John Tortorella will address the media, before tonight's game. Anyways, we will continue to keep you guys updated on the goaltender situation for tonight.

But for now, let's pray that this mess has nothing to do with Lundqvist