FanPost

The Best Playoff Scenario

Alright here it is. This is what I think would be the best scenario for the playoffs most benefiting the Rangers.

Here are the seeds:

With the Caps having closed the gap to a single point on the Panthers, there's a chance the Panthers drop to the 8th seed. That would be great because I'd really rather play Florida who we've really had very minor problems with other than that one game where the Rangers didn't even show up to play.

1. Rangers

2. Boston/Ottawa

3. Capitals

4. Pittsburgh

5. New Jersey

6. Phillidelphia

7. Boston/Ottawa

8. Florida

I did boston/ottawa because at this point I'm not really nervous and If I had to choose I'd rather play Boston in the second round. They've really struggled since the new year and aren't getting good goaltending anymore.

Let's say if the Rangers make it to the second round they'd most likely end up playing either Boston, Ottawa, or Philly. I'd definitely choose Boston or Ottawa over Philly, even though we play extremely well against them. Playing against Philly I wouldn't be scared, they just wouldn't be my first choice.

Then it's all out. The Rangers if they made it to conference finals would most likely be matched up with Pittsburgh. Rangers would have to really grind this one out, but I'm curious to see how the Rangers handle these last two regular season games against Pitt and it also looks like Callahan will be out tomorrow so that may factor in a bit as well.

This is just what I came up. Be sure to share your thoughts because I'm curious with what you guys have to say.